Thursday, October 20, 2011

Whole Lotta Winslow

When I was a teenager, I saw the first Police Academy movie in our local theater, and Micheal Winslow blew my nerdy mind. Like millions of other virgins out there, the first thing I did when I got home was race up to my room, plug a cheap mic into my boom box, and go to freaking town: screaming, hollering, trying to recreate every noise I could think of, which eventually degenerated into long periods of farting noise that slowly (i.e. “artfully”) transitioned into a helicopter sound. On that day I was really convinced that making noise into a mic was a legitimate route to fame and I would one day be opening for the master Winslow on one of his tours. Like so many other dreams I once had, I eventually laid that one down to rest, but now it has come blazing back with this:

No comments:

Post a Comment