Monday, December 19, 2011

The 3 Worst Classic Rock Moments of 2011

Last week I brought you what I thought were the 3 best classic rock moments of 2011. This week I feel I must visit the nasty underbelly of classic rock in 2011:

#3 Creem Magazine's Failure to Relaunch
I could hardly contain myself over the summer when I learned that the magazine once edited by Lester Bangs was preparing to relaunch. Then only a couple short weeks later I was left in inconsolable shock when I learned that it was not to be.

#2 Roger Daltry's Tommy Tour
I went. Believe me. It was terrible.

#1 Robert Plant Continuing to Punk Out on the Subject of a Zep Reunion
In this recent article in GQ, Plant reiterated his steadfast refusal to bring happiness to millions of people around the world. It begs one question - if Plant is so keen to avoid "the abyss" then why is the setlist for his Band of Joy concerts 50% or more Zeppelin tunes?

No comments:

Post a Comment